Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Product Review: Shea Moisture-- Moisture Retention Shampoo

So I recently discovered the Shea Moisture-- Moisture Retention Shampoo and I must say it was love at first try! As you will see in a further post (like perhaps maybe the next post that I make), my hair was beyond tangled before washing my hair with this shampoo! 

Like seriously, BEYOND tangled!

I didn't even bother to try and put a comb through it because along with my initial futile attempts at "detangling" the beast that sat on top of my head that day, I suffer from MAJOR tenderheadedness (if that's even a word!). So before shampooing on this occasion I grabbed (literally) six sections of hair and clamped them down with some hair clamps such as the one pictured below.
I literally did no detangling, whatsoever, before washing my hair on this occasion! And believe it or not I had no problems! I honestly believe that the Shea Moisture shampoo had EVERYTHING to do with my easy to manage hair after washing. In fact, this was the first time that I have ever washed hair that hadn't been detangled prior to getting wet.

ANYWAYS

Enough Rambling! On to the review! So here is the video that I created on my YouTube Channel (Jazzybee445) about the shampoo. Enjoy! :)



So in a nutshell I give this product:  ★★★★★
It is definitely a new favorite of mine and I see myself using it well into the future!

Pros:
  • Keeps hair soft and moisturized throughout shampooing process: doesn't strip hair.
  • It has a soft velvety texture that goes on smooth
  • A little goes a long way: So a small dime sized amount is enough for each of my large sections.
  • It helps with manageability
  • I definitely noticed a shine in my hair-- But you saw the video! You be the judge of that :)
Cons:
  • The price per bottle is $9.99-- Although I got mine for $5.00 each because of the BOGO sale at Walgreen's, I still see the price as being a problem in the future when I run out and want to buy it again. I am on a budget and at this moment ten dollars for shampoo is not practical.
  • At first I was not a fan of the smell, however once I saw how great this shampoo made my hair feel and how much easier it made my detangling process, the smell became a menial inconvenience that has actually grown on me :).
Anyways thats all folks! Have any questions or comments?? leave them down below~! :)

No comments: